Monday, May 28, 2018

Small Scare

We have been pushing very hard the last several weeks and it may have caught up with us - caught up with me, anyway - as I ended up going to Urgent Care this morning. We haven't been eating properly and with the added stress had resulted in a slightly scary situation. I was up and down all night last night with the dry heaves and got very little sleep. Josie gave me a solution of anti-nausea liquid which I immediately barfed.

We had the Memorial Day cookout and visit scheduled today with the family that we felt had to be cancelled in case there was any kind of contagious illness. Fortunately, the doctor indicated that it was most likely a reaction to something I ate or a virus of some kind. I'm almost certain it was a result of the three ears of corn I ate last night for dinner. My digestive system is not as efficient as it was prior to losing my gall bladder two years ago. At any rate, we have rescheduled our gathering for next weekend.

I failed to mention yesterday that we took a break from our routine and went to a place on Saturday that use to be a favorite of ours - The Pottery Place - in Surprise. It still is a neat place to go for anything you might like to place in your yard. These photos show the kind if inventory they carry:



It was a fun visit and it was a miracle that we left without a purchase of any kind. Maybe some day down the road.

I still am feeling the effects from last night and this morning but I am definitely on the mend. See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment