Saturday, May 12, 2018

Packing

I started the process of sorting through our stuff in the fifth wheel yesterday. The items that we will not be transferring the new rig are being boxed and will be transported, beginning today, to our garage. I switched out the cargo van for a 10' truck so that I may also be able to move the unwanted furniture that was left behind by the previous owners. That will be transported to the Salvation Army, probably on Sunday AM. I pick up the truck this morning at 7 AM. Josie will drop me off at the U-Haul in Anthem when she leaves for work. She didn't get home until almost 9 PM last night. The end of the Mother's Day crunch at the shop will be today.

We expect to hear more about our new RV today as the house is recorded and they can complete the paperwork now. They couldn't pull credit until the house recorded so that no sign of a major purchase would be seen prior to closing. There isn't a whole lot of time to take delivery and load up the new motorhome before we leave for Wyoming which is planned for Wednesday or Thursday. We see more and more things in the fifth wheel that need attention so it is good that it will soon be gone. We will miss it though, as it has been a super home for us for over 10 years.

The Ozone Generator was turned on yesterday AM and when I returned to the house a couple hours later, it appeared that it was doing its job. I will return again this morning to start another day of running the unit. The timer was set for 10 hours yesterday, and I will probably set it again for another 10 hours today. I went through the house and opened all the closets and made sure the doors were all open to the bedrooms and to the utility room. I also took out the filter from the A/C unit as recommended in the instructions so that all the ducts would be treated effectively. I sure hope we have another good report tomorrow on the effectiveness of this unit...






No comments:

Post a Comment