Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Missed Call

It appears that my new phone has struck again. I am still trying to learn the ins and outs of this device and it cost me an important call yesterday. Someone from the mortgage company had a question on one of our accounts and I was not able to get the message in a timely manner. It was after 5 PM when we realized the call was somehow deleted on my phone. It must have been late posting to my received calls and I just erased the number thinking it was just another robo-call. That little problem cost us a day on our schedule, I'm sure. I will close that loop this morning and hope we can get back on track.

Also on the schedule for today is a stop at the RV office to make sure we extend our stay here at least until May 15. Without having a firm closing date, it is hard to predict just how much more time we will need. There is an outside chance that we may have to inform the folks in Jackson that we will be arriving late. There is also an outside chance that we will still bag the whole Jackson trip and stay here for the summer. We have no place, at this time, to park the fifth wheel after we close on the house. I'm counting on either getting a space at the Sun City facility or being able to sneak into a space, at least on a temporary arrangement, until a permanent site becomes available. Physically moving the fifth wheel will not be problem if we can work out a deal on a Class C motorhome before that time comes. Of course, if we go to Jackson we will need no storage space until at least October.

Our fingers are crossed that we will hear something today about a firm close date...

No comments:

Post a Comment