Friday, August 18, 2017

Significant Increase in Crowds

Our work day yesterday was an indication of how the next several days will go. We had the highest sales number we've had all season and the people just kept coming into the store to the extent that it was difficult scheduling any breaks. There are still three days to go before the eclipse, and all of the eclipse merchandise we have is flying off the racks and shelves. Most likely, we will run out of the most popular merchandise before Monday. It appears that the predictions for the incremental increase in people will be close to being accurate.

During the day, I had to drop off one of my hearing aids at the Audiologist office in town to have it cleaned and checked. It stopped working in the AM just as we were leaving home and I had to use one of my old ones all day until after 3 PM when I picked it up. It still wasn't working well, so I concluded that the problem is as much wax in my ears as the device. I took care of that problem last night and this morning so I should be good to go again.

We have run into a couple of issues over our winter plans that could derail the plan. The main one is that our start date would be moved to December 1 which won't work for us. We will have more news today and we will make our final decision - probably today also.

Our starting time today is 11 AM and I'm sure it will be another super busy day...

No comments:

Post a Comment