Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Computer Scare

I was sailing along on my computer yesterday and while I was in Facebook, I clicked on a sidebar story. Mistake. I immediately received a message that I had a "worm" and needed to call Microsoft Support to get it fixed. I learned a long time ago that that was a trap to get information from you and I would end up paying mega-bucks for the fix.

I packed up my system, drove to Best Buy to visit their Geek Squad, and they had the problem fixed - free - within 5 minutes. It turned out to be  a "physhing" site that was after my information. The tech guy knew immediately what the problem was and how to fix it. That was another lesson learned about Facebook - stay on the main stream articles and posts and don't stray to any other link.

We had a call from one of our prospective (future) employers offering us a position at one of their locations that would begin almost immediately. We like the company, but this particular location was in a remote area that did not interest us. They will be contacting us again when other openings occur, so we are preparing for possible opportunities that may occur prior to May. We already informed them that we had a commitment in Wyoming for the summer, so they would allow us to leave during that time and return again in October following the Wyoming stint. This could be a good chance for us to wrap up our workamping experiences and settle down once and for all - somewhere. We are looking at just another year or two before we implement that plan...

No comments:

Post a Comment