Thursday, July 28, 2016

Great News

Our meeting with the Director of Operations this week has paid dividends. She was able to put together a transfer for us from the Moose Visitor Center to the Visitor Center where we have wanted to work in Jackson on the edge of the Elk Refuge. We will begin working there on Saturday, following our days off today and tomorrow. It will be a smooth transition and the work is basically identical to what we have been doing, with much less stress, which was our goal. That also means that we can cease all attempts to find another job in a different area (Malibu Beach Resort) and we can remain in our campground for the remainder of the season. We are hoping that it turns out to be a good move for us.

We are having dinner tonight with the couple that left last week for basically the same reasons - high amount of stress and working with a terrible manager. They will pick us up at 4 PM today, and we will first stop at the Fair to see the exhibits and then go to dinner at The Lift in Jackson. Hopefully, Josie and I will already know how my cross stitch fared as we plan to stop by during the day while we are in town for other chores. It should be a fun day.

The other piece of good news is that I converted to Windows 10 on my computer. I started the upgrade before going to bed to load during the night while asleep, and this morning - Wa-La! - it was installed. So far, I have had no major problems accessing any of my applications - including the blog - and all seems to be working fine. That is a huge relief.

Part of our action items today includes dropping off my problem hearing aid at the Audiologist for repair at the factory. I will attempt to arrange for a quick turnaround. That could be a challenge...

No comments:

Post a Comment