Saturday, July 23, 2016

Audiologist Issues

We took my problem hearing aid to the Audiologist office yesterday morning hoping to send it off for repair that always had taken one week turnaround time. I informed them that I wasn't going to spend the $700+ to insure my hearing aids, but I would be spending the $250 to send this one back to the factory for repair. They informed me that it would take 2-3 weeks before receiving it back from the factory. Wow. I don't understand what happened to the relatively quick turnaround time I have always gotten. The desk clerk said they might be able to put a rush on the repair which would cost more money. I left the office and told them I needed to check other options and would call them on Monday.

There really are no other options but to pay whatever the charge may be for the faster service. I mentioned to Josie that all electronics - TV's, computer equipment, etc. - have come down dramatically in price with newer technology, but hearing aids keep rising in cost along with the associated services. That is a travesty for seniors who are least able to afford them, and are the primary users of the devices. Enough on that subject.

We stopped in town following the Audiology visit and had a cheese steak for lunch at one of our favorite locations - the New York Sub Shop. It was very good, but not up to the quality we had come to expect at this steak shop. We suspect that the ownership has changed.

It's back to work today at 10:45 to begin another work week. The two days off just go by too quickly...

No comments:

Post a Comment