Sunday, June 7, 2015

In the House

We agreed on short term rental terms yesterday with the current owner of our house. Of course, it is all but done as far as closing, but we needed to get a head start on getting some things done before the anticipated close late this week. Karen, the current owner, is very easy to work with and is also the realtor for selling her own home. We agreed to pay her rent for one week, beginning yesterday, and she would allow us to move in immediately. That means we have the keys and the utilities are already in the process of being turned over into our names. I moved  a few boxes in yesterday when I met Ron, our realtor, to get the keys.

I came home and started making calls for all the arrangements we need to make for the rest of the week. We start with installing the new carpeting for Tuesday afternoon. The pool service will start on Monday and we will get our new appliances and furniture on Wednesday and Thursday along with our goods from our storage unit. We have to be totally out of our space here at the resort by Friday, and I believe we will make that deadline.

These are some boxes, packed last night, that will be part of our first load this morning that we will take down to the house along with the outside furniture:

 

I rented a cargo trailer from U Haul for the day which I will pick up at 9 AM this morning. I also plan to drop off a letter of resignation to Sam's Club on my way to pick up the trailer. I just don't see how I can schedule any time to work between the moving, closing and now, with my health issues regarding the problem with my liver. We have no idea what will be required beyond the scheduled Ultra Sound scheduled for next Monday. We are hoping for the best, but must plan for an extended recovery.

We are on the way to getting this big step completed and hope that we can get the closing scheduled before Friday. Right now it looks like it will happen...

No comments:

Post a Comment