Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Bank Account Hacked

My schedule for today was changed very early this morning. As standard procedure every morning, I check our bank accounts to ensure accuracy. This morning, there was a bogus charge from Kohl's department store where we haven't shopped in over a year. I immediately got on the phone to our bank and began the process of getting the account straightened out. If you have ever had your bank accounts hacked, you know it is a nightmare and huge inconvenience to gain access to your funds. Not only that, I have to go through all of my bank statements to make sure I get in contact with all of the "automatic" payments and deposits that are attached to the account. Technology advances can be wonderful, but can also create unimaginable problems. Somehow, our account routing and account numbers were obtained fraudulently. It will take time - lots of it - to get our financial functions back to normal.

The entire day, or most of it, will be spent opening a new account and contacting all those parties that have a need to access our account. Josie will be working another long day at the shop and will most likely not be home before 6 PM or so. I hope your day is more pleasant than ours...

No comments:

Post a Comment