Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Uniform or No Uniform

The first thing to mention is that we woke up to thick fog this morning. I'm kind of in a fog anyway between my cold and the confusion about what to wear to work today. The group leader that was responsible for assigning the parking locations for us to work on Saturday mentioned that today - Braves Homecoming - was not a normal dress day. I have not seen any communication to that affect, nor has anyone else mentioned that, but it makes sense. The purpose of the day is to welcome the Braves to Spring Training and there are no real assignments. He indicated that it was a business casual dress day, and not to wear our uniform. Well, I'm going dressed business casual but I'm taking my uniform just in case. My plan is to stay in the car until I see people arriving and can tell what they are wearing. If I see business casual, I'm out of the car and on my way. If I see uniforms, I'm out of the car and changing right there before I check in.

The point to be gained from that short discussion above is that I don't know who our supervisor is. This is the first job where I just show up for work, clock-in and get a printed job assignment from the attendant at the desk. I've never had instructions or conversations with any one "manager" type individual. There has never been a time when one individual has addressed us or walked up to us and said "I'm the boss". I'm thinking that whoever that person is should have clarified everything about the day to us. Oh, well.

I also wanted to mention that once again we have a water pump failure. When we were at the rig while it was in storage, we went to use the water in the fresh water tank and the pump wouldn't turn on. I tried it again when we arrived here, prior to connecting to the fresh water hookup, and it still is dead. I called Camping World and scheduled another trip there for Thursday, as we leave here and before we get back to Thousand Trails. I'm hoping it's just a loose connection and not a pump failure, as this would be the fourth time for this same pump model. They aren't able to change the model as that would void the warranty. I guess they will have to keep replacing this same model until we get a good one. Every other Mobile Suites has the same model and they haven't had this problem so it is beyond me why our unit just can't handle it.

It's time to have breakfast and get going this morning. I'll take the camera and try to get some shots of activities during the day. Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment