Sunday, February 27, 2011

Parking Assignment All Day

It was the busiest day so far at work. I was assigned to work the parking detail and spent the entire shift, from 10AM till 4:30, working non-stop except for my usual breaks. The reason was a result of 6 different events: Disney's Princess Half Marathon Expo, Disney's Princess Half Marathon, Pro Soccer Classic, Four Seasons Contest of Champions (Dance groups), NFL Flag Football National Tournament of Champions and the Braves' Spring Training Practice. Just about every inch of parking space was used and people were coming and going all day long. It's amazing how they can accommodate so many events at once. I was ready to leave when my shift ended.

It will be more of the same on Monday, only longer, as I have to work in Parking from 8:30AM till 5PM. Monday will be the 2nd Braves game. I'm glad that I have today off while they have all of the events above, plus the opening game for Spring Training. I picked up my schedule for the following week, 3/6 - 3/12, and I still am only scheduled for 2 days. The total hours for the 2 days is around 18, but I still need more than that to justify staying here. Changes may be in the air.

It looks a lot better outside today in terms of the wind. Maybe we can get our golf game in today. The temperatures are climbing - 90 yesterday and high 80's expected again today. It could be worse...

No comments:

Post a Comment