Friday, September 13, 2019

Issues Summary

Starting with the issue regarding the battery in the Escape. The long period - 4 months - of the car suiting in the garage didn't help the battery in that vehicle. In fact, I expected it to be dead when we returned, but did not expect it to not hold a charge. Anyway, I got a jump start from AAA and drove it to the Ford dealer where we purchased it - Peoria Ford - and explained the situation. The dealership stepped up and replaced the battery - free - as it still was under warranty. Not bad. Especially since the battery in that vehicle is a special one ($310 value) to handle some features that most other cars don't have - such as stop/go engine performance while stopped at lights. It turned out to be a good result.

The truck issue is another, different result. My new insurance company - Progressive - has already dropped the ball. They started out with offering two locations where I could take the vehicle to have damage assessed. During the conversation with the claims rep, she said - whoops, they closed those locations. I therefore have to choose from other options 1) - take pictures/video of the damage and send it in or 2) -wait until they send out an adjuster which could be several weeks. Those options were not acceptable. There is hidden damage that photos would not reveal and I don't have time to wait for an adjuster to come to the house as we are going to CA next week. They offered to have the claim handled in CA where we are traveling. To make the long story short, I will talk with them again today to try to work out a solution. I'm thinking that I never should have changed insurance from Liberty Mutual to Progressive - Flo, so far, is not fulfilling her promise. There is another issue with the truck that will be addressed today at 9 AM. I get a message that the Diesel Exhaust Fluid level is low when I just filled it a short time ago. Sheesh! The Dealer gets to see me again this morning.

The final issue is one concerning my computer. I have been getting messages that I am running out of space to perform upgrades and I notice a distinct downgrading in performance. I have made an appointment for today with the Best Buy Geek Squad to assess options. I will take my computer to the local store at 2 PM.

Finally, I can say it is nice to be home and to have the opportunity to sit on my patio and enjoy the nice views:


….

No comments:

Post a Comment