Friday, May 24, 2019

One Week Review

So far, in our first week here in Jackson, we still have not seen the mountains without clouds covering the peaks. The high temperature has been 49 and the forecast is for more of the same. It is the main topic of conversation this year as winter just will not let go.

We have worked three days in the first week and the conclusion for us is that it will be slightly different in the Visitor Center as far as procedures go, but is basically the same as what we have experienced in the past. We are off today but work four days in a row starting tomorrow.

I am still struggling to get my (repaired) hearing aid delivered. As you recall, it stopped working a few days before we left AZ and was sent back to the factory for repairs. The net of this problem is that they have received the repaired hearing aid, reprogrammed it, and sent it to me yesterday. Rather than send it FedEx, I had them send it via overnight mail to my PO Box. I thought there would be a good chance that the package would bounce around the Visitor Center for a couple days before it actually got into my hands. With the PO Box, it will get to me immediately - that is, if it were being delivered today, which it won't. There is no overnight delivery via US Mail at the Moose Post Office. So, I will not get it until at least Monday anyway. It has been a struggle trying to hear everything this week but is bound to improve soon.

We had a staff welcome party last night at a new restaurant in town - the Stillwest Brewery. Here are a couple shots that I took last night:



This is a shot of our view from the terrace where we sat under heaters and still nearly froze:


Our new manager is the individual (with yellow hat) sitting next to Josie in the first shot above. It was a great time and we expect to have more gatherings like that during the year...

No comments:

Post a Comment