Sunday, May 12, 2019

Mixed Good and Bad Day

Yesterday did not start out the way it was planned. When I arrived at the RV storage facility I discovered that our batteries were, once again, nearly dead. I was not going to mess around with any recharging so I went to Home Depot and rented a generator for $36 for 4 hours to do the job of raising the jacks so I could hitch-up and take the unit to the house. Once I got it home, I could connect to the power and not have to worry about the batteries. I did make it home OK and connected to my new outlet on the side of the house:



The first order of business (after returning the generator) was to take out the air compressor and inflate the tires to the proper pressure. That was a physical activity that resulted in a lot of sweating and resulted in one of my hearing aids "beeping" and quitting. That has happened before, so there was no concern as I just removed it to allow it to dry. Usually, after a while, the hearing aid is OK again after it dries. This time it was totally dead. Wonderful. Here we are just three days away from leaving and I now have to deal with a totally dead hearing aid. Fortunately, I had made an appointment a couple days ago with my Audiologist for Monday at noon to do a last check and cleaning before leaving on Wednesday. I'm sure they will have to send it away for repairs and I will have to be without it for at least a week. At this point, I don't have any "physical" address where they can send it unless I use the Visitor Center address which I have done previously. We'll see.

Josie got home yesterday almost an hour early. She would normally be finished for the summer but she volunteered to come in Monday morning to help with Mother's Day follow-up and to catch up on orders. I hope that is all she spends there is the morning as we have lots to do to load up the RV.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there...

No comments:

Post a Comment