Monday, May 13, 2019

Full Day Loading

We started loading right after some breakfast yesterday morning. We got a lot done - Josie handled the kitchen stuff, including wiping down the cabinets and loading pots, pans, dishes, etc. I handled the outside storage by placing items such as chairs, tools, boxes of required items and got some things done in the living room and bedroom - mainly in my closet. It was getting warmer outside and we didn't turn on the A/C so it was getting to the point where we had to slow down and take more frequent breaks. The job is not done, by any means, but it was a good first day.

It is very difficult to draw the line on loading some items. I would like to use the theory that if we haven't used it in the last 6 months, leave it home. That doesn't always apply as there are items - like hiking stuff, cool weather gear and some items that we may need while taking side trips. There are two more days left to get it right, so we are not panicking.

After working most of the day in the RV, we decided to return to a neat place we discovered a couple weeks ago - Tokyo Joe's - in Surprise to get some dinner to bring home. I had done some research to try to find a place that would have a good teriyaki chicken and rice bowl like we used to get at an Asian restaurant we had near our flower shop in Washington. We found it:


They have a menu item where you create your own custom bowl containing anything you want. We got two regular size bowls with white chicken, white rice and teriyaki sauce. Josie added their top 5 veggies to hers and the total was only $18. Terrific meal!

I head to the car dealership this morning to get tips on storing our car for the summer. The battery is so hard to get to that I thought the dealer might have some suggestions. Then, at 12 noon, I go to my Audiologist to try and resolve the issue I have with my one hearing aid. I hope that goes well...

No comments:

Post a Comment