Saturday, February 2, 2019

Happy February

February 1 has lots of significance and memories for me. It was on February 1, 1967 (52 years ago) that Patty's mother was involved in an auto accident on her way home from work that changed our lives forever. It was nearly five years later when it eventually took her life. I was blessed that Patty survived and has been such a joy in my life.

It was also on February 1, 1999 (20 years ago), when I quit the ugly smoking habit forever. As a heavy smoker for about 40 years, I feel like I have salvaged my own life and given myself a chance to live a lot longer. I hope so.

We have a golf outing scheduled for tomorrow at our Rec Center miniature golf course with George and Cheryl. It appears that, based on this morning's forecast for tomorrow, that we will probably reschedule that outing for next Sunday, if possible. There is a 70% chance of rain for the mid-day hours that would wash out our game.

The Phoenix Open Golf tournament is this weekend and the weather has been OK but not special. The golf has been fun to watch so far, but the rain possibilities for tomorrow may put a damper on play.

Also this weekend, of course, is the Super Bowl tomorrow. I sure hope that the Rams win, but I don't hold much hope that they will beat the Patriots. I certainly will not bet on the outcome...

No comments:

Post a Comment