Friday, February 8, 2019

Taxes Done

Just when I thought I would have to wait for more documents, the sources came through yesterday with email copies. I was, therefore, able to wrap up our taxes for 2018 this morning. I have to tell you though, if you haven't yet done your taxes, you will not like the new laws. I hate them, and I have to wonder who they help. Unless you don't itemize your deductions and take the standard deduction, you will be paying more this year. We are getting closer to having a flat tax. More and more deductions are being eliminated. Who is kidding who about who is helped with this new tax law? Fortunately, we will still get a refund but it was a lot tougher than before.

Josie is off now for the rest of the weekend so we plan to do some fun stuff. Perhaps a round of golf and a visit to the big RV show that is at the stadium this weekend. Hmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment