Monday, February 25, 2019

Oscar Night

Last night was the annual Oscars Show for the awards for movies made in 2018. I can't help but comment on the changes in just the last two years. A big stink was made then about the lack of African American nominees and blacks receiving recognition. It has gone full circle now, with the show being flooded with African American winners and nominees. I ask the question: Where did all the blacks suddenly come from? Also, do you think they are now getting preferential treatment? I think it's great that they are getting recognition, but all of them stir the racist pot in their acceptance speeches and I don't like that. Just my opinion. Overall, I thought it was a very good show and I am happy with the results - even though I don't know much of anything about the movies that were nominated.

We are getting close to the end of February. There really isn't much time left for us to prepare things for our trip to Jackson for this summer. I hope it all works out and we can pull it all together. We have to get the repairs done on our RV and make sure all is OK with Josie's work before we can finalize the details...




No comments:

Post a Comment