Thursday, January 18, 2018

The Road to Eye Surgery

My appointment yesterday at the Barnet-Dulaney-Perkins Eye Center was at 9 AM. It was the first of 9 scheduled appointments that will ultimately result in the return of clear vision - I hope. I had no idea that the appointment would last almost two hours as they gathered information and took a necessary scan of each of my eyes prior to performing the surgery to remove my cataracts. The actual surgery will be in two appointments - the worse of the two eyes goes first on Feb 1, and the second will be done on Feb 15. There are appointments for prep and follow up that will end with my final appointment scheduled for March 15.

My understanding is that I may still need to wear glasses as the "standard" surgery will only produce a fix for either near or far sightedness, but not both. I could opt for the advanced surgery which would correct my eyesight to the point where I would not need glasses, but that advanced surgery is way beyond my budget as the insurance does not cover that method. At this point, I feel that it is better that my eyesight be improved for distance and continue to use glasses. The important aspect of the surgery is that the cataracts will be removed and clear vision returned.

That's the latest from this corner of the world...

No comments:

Post a Comment