Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Super Bowl Hype

It's the time of the year when just about everything sports related is about the Super Bowl. Both teams - The Patriots and Eagles  - have arrived in Minneapolis for the big game on Sunday. For the life of me, I cannot see this big game being played in a climate like Minnesota. So much of the Super Bowl week and related activities occur outside. When we had the Super Bowl here in Phoenix a few years ago, the biggest part of the celebration was held in areas outside, and mostly downtown. I guess the sponsors and participants have it all figured out to maximize the exposure and revenue. I also cannot imagine paying around $5,000 (or higher) for a ticket to one game. The Super Bowl is a whole different animal in the sports world.

If all goes well, we may be attending the Phoenix Open Golf Tournament on Super Bowl Sunday. If we get the tickets that are a possibility from Troy and Austin, we will be there - most likely on Sunday for the final round. We will tape the game anyway, so we will not miss anything. No matter what happens, it promises to be an exciting weekend.

I am also getting close - Thursday - to my eye surgery on the first eye. With all that is happening this weekend, I hope the surgery goes well and I have better eyesight - in one eye, at least - to better enjoy all that is happening...

No comments:

Post a Comment