Thursday, January 25, 2018

Project Miscalculation

I have been working diligently on a new cross stitch project for this year. The new project, as with the last several, is another native American subject that is going to be a very nice piece when completed. The problem now is that I will again be rushed to complete the project as I miscalculated the time required to complete the effort. This year, the subject has 108,000 stitches. Last year, I only had about half that amount and still had to rush to finish it in time for our trip to Jackson. The difference is in the background. Last year I used black fabric and didn't have to stitch any of the background. This year, I have to stitch all of the background along with the subject matter. It is going to be a close call as I am not even half done yet and I started the piece in September. Maybe I will be burning some midnight oil on this one.

I will probably have more time to work on this project as we don't plan to work the Spring Training games this year. We made the decision to pass this year as it was tough on Josie getting the month away from the shop. She actually makes more money at the shop anyway with the only difference being that both of us would be working the games. It doesn't amount to that much money but it was a different kind of work. I hope we don't miss the action as the two teams at the Surprise Stadium were really two of our favorites - the Royals and the Rangers - but we didn't especially care for the people we worked with last year. We also want to make sure that our activities with the house and other plans don't interfere with the games. Throw in my eye surgery, and who knows what effect that might have on all of this...


No comments:

Post a Comment