Friday, January 26, 2018

Closing in on Tax Time

I can always tell when it is close to the time for us to prepare our taxes. The mail contains more and more of the year end summary stuff necessary to complete the taxes. Usually, by around the first week in February I have all the documents I need to begin the effort. I'm sure that this will be the last year for handling a lot of the deductions as the new tax law kicks-in in 2018. From what I understand about the changes, none of them will affect the 2017 tax year and the 2018 taxes are far enough away that I don't have to worry about them. The new changes seem to affect everybody's weekly paychecks but that is about all right now.I have our tax software all ready to go, so that will be done , hopefully, on time this year.

Not much else happened yesterday while Josie had her typical workday and I spent much of the day trying to make some headway on my stitching project...

No comments:

Post a Comment