Friday, November 11, 2016

Truck Repairs Complete

The repairs on the truck took less time than expected. I only needed the rental car for one day instead of the 3-4 days planned, so it was returned when I picked up the truck. Now, I have to make sure that the insurance impact is zero on my policy premiums. I had to pay the $500 deductible until my insurance company recovers the money from the party at fault. I hope they make it quick!

It is very disturbing to see all the protests in the major cities over the election results. It is not the unifying step that we need to see. The world is watching to see how President Elect Trump begins his term, and so far there is controversy springing up all over the place. Gosh, give the man a chance.

My hearing aids are back and I will return the "loan" set today. The bottom line on the new technology is that there is a measurable improvement in performance, but not worth the $5K cost at this point. I don't think I can justify them until mine are beyond saving, which I hope will not be for several years yet. And, who knows, by then there may be an even better set available.

Enjoy your Veteran's Day everybody...


No comments:

Post a Comment