Saturday, November 5, 2016

Good for Another Year

The Ultra Sound done at my doctor's office yesterday AM was good. The surgery last year to place a "sleeve" on the aneurysm I have near my lower spine is doing its job. I am good to go for another year until next November.

I stopped at my Audiologist to drop off the "problem" hearing aid that will be sent to the factory for some rework on the receiver. I was given the use of new hearing aids to test while mine is being repaired. They are new Phonak hearing aids that are rechargeable and do not use batteries at all. Instead of taking out the batteries at night, I just place them on the charger and they are ready to go the next morning. Actually, they fully recharge in about one hour. They are also waterproof and smaller than my present set. They contain all of the latest technology in sound management and circuitry that is available.

My initial reaction to them is positive - but not $5K worth of positive. I can tell the difference in some situations - especially in the car - but haven't really had an opportunity yet to test other environments. I doubt that they will be something I cannot live without right now. I expect to get another few years out of my present pair, but it is nice to keep track of new developments in the marketplace.

I haven't seen today's TV lineup for college football games, but I know that Austin's team doesn't play until Election Day (Nov 8) at 5:30 PM (EST) on ESPN 2. I expect to watch some of the key games today to see if they impact the bowls at all. They are getting closer to being announced and we should know in a few weeks where Austin - and his family and us - will be going. It will be exciting, for sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment