Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Thanksgiving Week

A big thing about the Thanksgiving week is all the Black Friday hoopla. It appears that the "biggest shopping day of the year" is losing its luster. Finally. I hear all over TV that this year is expected to see lower sales than last year which is a trend. Believe it or not, the best deals for Christmas occur in December as the merchants really sharpen their pencils when they see the sales falling short of forecasts. That's the time to buy. Of course, you don't know when that happens, so the whole business of finding the best deal on something is a crap shoot. It doesn't matter to us as we aren't big shoppers anyway. I just thought it was interesting that all the attention that Black Friday gets in the media overshadows the true meaning of Thanksgiving.

The rain is done - for now - and we got about an inch between yesterday AM and this morning. We can always use the rain, but we are hear for the sunshine and warmth, right?

My visit to the doctor was a joke. I never saw the doctor as I have no complaints and all the lab results are normal - except for a slight increase in liver enzymes and cholesterol. It's nice that I have to pay a "co-pay" when I don't even see the doctor. We did schedule another Colonoscopy for April of next year, so it wasn't a total waste of time. Oh, well...

No comments:

Post a Comment