Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Snoring

One of the background activities that I have been involved in is finding a solution to my snoring and sleep apnea problem. I have been experimenting with two solutions that I discovered on Facebook, both of which seemed to make sense, but neither of which has produced any results.

The first one is from American Sleep Union and involves the creation of an oral appliance that you wear every night. I haven't been able to get past first base with this process as the appliance material is very difficult to work with and involves a signature from my Doctor before any "real" appliance can be manufactured - for about $118.

The second one is another contraption from a company:  My Snoring Solution.com, that involves a head band, or strap, that is designed to keep your mouth closed at night. Along with this strap, they recommend that you use Breathe Right nose strips and other oral sprays that you buy in a drug store and are suppose to use each night. So far, this is also a no-win for me. It also costs in the $120 range.

I have reached the point with both of these products that I think I will just return both of them for refunds and move on to some other "medical" solution - somewhere. I feel sorry for Josie who has to live with my "noise" every night and I can't find a solution. Aside from the noise, I know that sleep apnea is a dangerous condition that needs to be addressed. I'll keep looking.

We have heard no word yet from the RV dealer about our repairs. We expect to receive an estimate, any day now, on what the cost will be to fix the laundry-list of items we asked them about. We know that some of the items we need to have fixed will not be done because of the high costs. We'll see, as we anxiously await the news...

No comments:

Post a Comment