Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Real Test

The day has finally arrived. Today is the day we take the fifth wheel into the dealership where we purchased it 8 years ago for much needed repairs. It is also the maiden voyage for the truck as the new tow vehicle. I'm confident that everything will work as expected, but I still have a little queasiness about the first trip. There are a couple wires on the roof that I think are secured from the last time I was there, but I think I'll go a little early and make sure by tying them to the satellite dish to be sure.

Our appointment to drop off the fifth wheel is at 10 AM, so we expect to leave Lake Pleasant by around 9-9:30 to get there in time. We have to go to Mesa, but the drive is all freeway, so it should be easy.

I finally took down the Christmas tree yesterday and packed it away for another year. Depending on how the rental goes with the house, it may be more than a year. Josie still has to pack away the decorations, but she needs to do that so that she knows where everything is located. The fact that it has been so many years since we had all of our decorations out, it is an especially tough year to pack everything away again. Not to worry - it won't be too long before we are unable to travel so much and we will finally settle in one place - maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment