Friday, April 3, 2015

Quiet Day

It's not very exciting when the major event of the day is a haircut. There wasn't much to do yesterday except get a much needed haircut. I used to go to the same place and have the same barber each time, but since living so far from Surprise, I have tried to discover another, closer barber. I tried one at the Walmart that is fairly close to us. I think the person that cut my hair - Jasmine - was a new stylist as she took forever to cut my hair and I had to coach her the whole way through. My first signal that she didn't really know what she was doing was that she asked me how the back of my hair looked after ten minutes of taking a little off at a time. She asked me that question without having a mirror or any way to see the back of my head. I answered "I don't know, I can't see it". Anyway, I'm probably good to go for another eight weeks or so.

The winds came back yesterday afternoon and haven't let up very much. Gusts to near 30 with steady winds in the 15-20 mph range are creating the rock 'n roll sleeping experience again. We will have these for probably another day if the normal pattern continues. That is one thing we will not miss when we move into our house. The house won't sway - hopefully - when the wind blows hard.

TGIF and Josie works today and tomorrow, so we will have a single day off together again this week. Her schedule gives her the next two weekends off, so, if Sam's Club doesn't schedule me for any weekend time, we should be able to do some things together during those weekends.

The hot days of temps in the 90's has ended for now and we are back to the normal for this time of year in the 80's. I'm sure the 100 degree days are just around the corner...

No comments:

Post a Comment