Thursday, April 9, 2015

Critical Period

My fever broke last night and I feel like I'm almost back from my "whatever it was" sickness. I still feel a bit weak and haven't eaten much solid food since Monday - good for the weight, though.

The next 4 weeks are very critical for us. We have some tough decisions to make regarding the transition from our workamping lifestyle to full time residents again. We saw the ad in the Workamper News yesterday for our replacements at the Virginian Lodge in Jackson. I'm sure that they will be overwhelmed with resumes and applications for that job. We hope that they find a suitable couple, but one that they are also able to part with next year. That is not a concern right now.

I will probably end my consecutive streak of blog entries at some point after we get into our home. There will not be any traveling - or very little - and it would get very boring describing a daily routine of work and some projects around the house. I will probably go to once a week or a set time frame of every few days. We'll see. The main objective for us now is to get into a home where we can have family come and visit and also get back into the home investment mode and make some money in the housing recovery. We feel we are getting back in at the right time with prices rising and interest rates still low.

Near the end of this critical period and just before Mother's Day, we will travel to Chicago and be with the twins for a week while Patty and Mark go to Cabo San Lucas for Mark's company trip. That will be a great time for them and a nice break for us...

No comments:

Post a Comment