Monday, April 6, 2015

Change in Easter Plans

Yesterday morning started with a concern. Josie had been up several times during the night with stomach cramps and other flu like symptoms. She went ahead and made her deviled eggs for our planned afternoon at Brian and Amy's for Easter dinner but as the morning progressed she felt feverish. I also started to get stomach pains, so we both thought there was a possibility that we had some kind of bug that potentially could be spread to the guests at Easter Dinner. That would not be a wise decision to take that chance, so we left messages for Amy that we would pass on the Easter visit. There were a couple of girls at Josie's shop that were out sick a couple of days last week with the stomach flu, and she thought she might be getting her turn with the sickness.

That made for a very quiet Easter Sunday for us. I watched the golf on TV while Josie tried to rest and get rid of whatever it was that made her feel poorly. I was feeling closer to normal toward the end of the day, but Josie was considering not going into work today for the first time in a long time. If I know her, she will still go into work as long as she has no fever and can go without any quick trips to the john.

I forgot to mention that I received another call from my doctor's office last week, after telling me initially that everything was OK, informing me that I had high cholesterol - what else is new - and he called in a prescription for me at the Pharmacy. The way I love eggs and cheeses, I will most likely always have that problem. I will go back in a couple months for another lab test to make sure the medication is working. Sometimes old eating habits are hard to break...

No comments:

Post a Comment