Friday, December 20, 2013

The Rains Came

Fortunately, most of the day was nice yesterday. I spent much of the day outside continuing the consolidation of files and sorting through old papers and travel info. I even had a chance to take a bike ride around the resort. Since Josie uses the truck, there aren't many choices of places to go. The exercise is needed anyway, so I used a trip to the office to check for mail to also begin a ride which took me to the other side of the resort. The marina is an inviting place, and this is where the party was held over the weekend:


There is another boat launch on the north side of the resort that is also a popular spot for families that want to picnic or use a "beach" to swim:


I only rode for a few miles, but even that little bit of exercise was beneficial for somebody that has been sitting on his butt for about the last month.

The forecast was for a storm to move in late in the afternoon, and the forecast was accurate. By 5 PM, the clouds rolled in and I closed up the gazebo while taking this shot of the western sky:


We ended up with almost .5" of rain through last night, and the forecast is for more to come. The skies should clear late this afternoon and begin to warm up again for Christmas. Thank goodness there were no high winds with this storm - yet - and everything seems to be normal. There was a small problem that I will fix today, and that is to dry out our connections for the outside lights. Evidently, water got into one of the connections and we had no outside Christmas lights last night. I suspected a potential problem for that situation and I should have taped the connections when I installed the lights.

I suppose that tomorrow I will drive Josie to work and use the truck during the day to get a few errands done that I have been putting off. With her working straight through to Christmas, it is the only way I will get them done...

No comments:

Post a Comment