Thursday, December 19, 2013

Outside Stuff

It was another beautiful day yesterday and a good one to get some outside work done. The main projects were to connect more plants to the watering system and to clear off the site from debris we received from the windy days last week. The plant connections were easy except I didn't have enough water line to reach the plant in the front of the fifth wheel, so that one will have to wait until I can get to the store to buy more line. The site clearing was another easy job using our blower that we brought home from the storage unit.

The rest of the afternoon was spent going through some files that we have been carrying around with us to try to consolidate them into a single box. That takes a lot of time since each file needs to be gone through in detail to eliminate all the old, unnecessary data and junk. I came across some other interesting things that I forgot we had, such as a rookie baseball card for Alex Rodriguez when he was drafted by the Mariners in 1993. That card cost me $4 when I purchased it years ago and is worth a lot (?) more today. I need to put that in a nice, safe place. Sometimes it pays to go through old boxes of stuff that have been ignored for years.

It appears that my outside activities are headed for a delay as we have a good chance for rain coming in by tonight or tomorrow morning. The rain is always welcome - in small doses - as long as the winds don't get ugly...

No comments:

Post a Comment