Friday, October 26, 2012

More Computer Issues

Most of the day yesterday was spent trying to recover one of my applications that was wiped out by the PC Cleaning software I purchased. My application for the weather station and the entire 4 years worth of (daily) data was eliminated by this worthless and destructive software. I know it doesn't seem like a major application to most folks, but it is a hobby of mine and means a lot to me. I submitted a dispute with PayPal and will await reimbursement from them once they fail to resolve the issue. Part of the claim is that the company hasn't returned my call for tech support in order to resolve the issue directly with them.

While trying to restore older versions of the system from checkpoints taken a few days ago and failing to locate the data, I tried locating the files on a backup disk I created a month ago. They were not part of the backup as the backup instructions were to only copy data that has changed. Another lesson learned. All backups should be total backups, and not incremental. All the older "full" backups were cleared from my backup disk to make room for new backups. As a result, I went to Best Buy and purchased a larger backup drive - 3 TB - to use for complete backups. That's another story.

I really wanted to upgrade my computer with more memory and more disk space to help gain speed. I discovered that the costs for doing that were more than if I purchased a new computer. That's the way I will go, but only after these current issues are resolved. It's not suppose to be this tough to use your computer everyday.

Josie is bored with my total attention to the computer. She did some laundry and some outside cleaning to pass the time and I know she hopes the problems get fixed - now! I hope so too. We did go to Famous Footwear yesterday for her to buy a new pair of tennis shoes. We have started our daily trips to the fitness center to try to get our bodies in shape again - if that's possible...

No comments:

Post a Comment