Monday, October 29, 2012

A Different Mall

Our closest big Mall and the one we used to go to more than the others - Arrowhead - was where we went yesterday. It is just down Bell Rd from us, about 10 miles, and I wanted to visit the Apple store that is located there. There were many changes that we noticed as far as stores and some store locations, but it still had the mass crowd of people. We thought that was unusual for not being close to Christmas, but the area is so populated that it is probably normal for any day.

My visit to the Apple store was just to do some research on prices, models and conversion from PC platform to the Mac platform. I really like the systems, but don't like their prices. It seems that you pay twice as much for half the computing resources than the PC platform. There is no question, in my mind, that that is the way to go, but I am having a hard time justifying the extra cash. There is still no rush to make a change, but I will need to decide pretty soon. My frustration level is growing with the system I have now.

We also visited the JC Penney Home Store near there while looking for a toaster oven - didn't find the one we are looking for - and to Costco, which is around the corner from the Mall. While at Costco, I found one of the HP systems I had been looking at for about $200 less than I was quoted online from the HP site. It is awfully attractive and I have until the offer ends on Nov 7 to decide on that option.

It was an otherwise quiet day for us. Carole came over to visit for awhile and she is attempting to empty the storage shed on this site. It is an overwhelming amount of stuff that is stored there and we feel sorry for her and that task ahead. We would like to use the shed to help us reorganize our own storage, but we will not have access until her work is done. We renewed our offer to help her any way we can.

There are lots of things to do around our rig, so today may be the day we begin those tasks. Our hunt for the perfect "winter" job will probably also begin today...



No comments:

Post a Comment