Monday, April 22, 2019

Show of Flowers

Our cactus plant finally broke out in all its glory this morning:


There are still some blossoms that haven't opened yet and I counted 17 flowers that have been eaten. Originally, we thought that it was coyotes that were eating them, but I saw two rabbits this morning munching away. I guess we will need to put a temporary fence around them during blooming season.

We have several other pretty plants that are in bloom including this one (trumpet plant) that we planted a couple months ago in one of our new pots:


Right now, the yard is a beautiful sight.

We had a terrific Easter dinner and visit at George and Cheryl's house yesterday. Once again, I failed to take any pictures and I am really disappointed in myself for suddenly forgetting to follow through with that task. There was no reason to forget as I had my phone. At any rate, the ham and all the trimmings were excellent, and we enjoyed the visit with everyone, including Brian and Amy and family. Hopefully, next year we will have our family from Illinois here to share the holiday.

I plan to get started today on doing patchwork on our roof and to get an update on our RV repairs which should be nearing completion...

No comments:

Post a Comment