Thursday, April 4, 2019

Projects Started

There are several projects that need to be completed before we leave for Jackson in May. Two of them were addressed yesterday. The first was to create a deterrent for birds around our grape vine. The best solution I found after researching options was to hang reflecting tape on the vine:


There are lots of strips that aren't visible in this shot and the vine is pretty much covered with this tape. It is an inexpensive solution and one that is proven to work. We'll see.

The second project was to remove some debris that has sitting on the side of our house since we moved in last year. I have been waiting to remove it until I make sure none of the items will be used. I removed those items and placed them in the garage and sent this photo to our trash pickup folks to schedule a special pickup for them. I found that the cheapest solution for removal was to use our existing service and just schedule a special pickup. The other option I was going to consider was taking all of it to a landfill. That was not an economical solution and required a lot of extra work on my part:


The list of projects is growing, and we will just take them one a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment