Tuesday, April 9, 2019

New Insurance

It took nearly the first half of the day yesterday to wrap up our insurance changes. The final result is: Progressive for vehicle insurance, Progressive (underwritten by Nationwide) for homeowner's insurance and Good Sam (underwritten by National General) for our RV insurance. It was a real challenge trying to match coverages against what we gave up at Liberty Mutual, but we finally got pretty good matches with our new coverage and will save several hundred dollars for the year.

The most disappointing aspect of the switch is the total lack of concern and attempts on the part of Liberty Mutual to keep us as a customer. We have been customers for many years and expected much more loyalty from them. It is what it is.

I didn't get my other tasks accomplished yesterday - Landscaper change and Satellite provider change. I concluded that it would better for us to get a (local) landscaper that is recommended by friends/neighbors vs selecting one from an ad in the local paper. I will begin that search right away.  The satellite provider issue was a dead end yesterday as the address I had for the DISH Network retailer was actually the Fry's store location in Surprise where they only accept DISH network bill payments. I guess I will do that research online as much as I can.

Josie came home from work early yesterday as she was having symptoms of a cold or allergies that were making her feel very congested. She appears to be much better today.

With all that was going on yesterday, I missed the National Championship basketball game last night between Virginia (winner in OT) and Texas Tech. It was a thriller from what I saw this morning and kick myself for missing the game.

Next up is the Masters Golf Tournament and I will NOT miss any of that...


No comments:

Post a Comment