Friday, September 30, 2016

Catch Up Time

MONDAY 9/26

Of course, this was the day that my computer was taken into the repair shop in Jackson. The problem was diagnosed as a failed hard drive - the cardinal sin of computer problems. They indicated that it would be 1-3 days before the repair could be complete. It took three days, and that was only because I told them that I had to leave the area on Friday. More on the repair at the end of this entry.

TUESDAY 9/27

This was our first of two days off, and the final two days off of the season. It was a gorgeous day - clear, blue skies and warming up into the low 70's. We decided to take a drive to the Schwabacher Landing in the Park which is one of our favorite locations. These photos show that we were not disappointed, and represents some of the most beautiful photos we have ever taken - anywhere:






Following our visit to the Schwabacher Landing, we stopped at the barns on Mormon Row to take a couple final shots of those famous landmarks:



Our wonderful day was wrapped up with a dinner at the Jackson Hole Brewery with our friends, Eileen and Ed that we worked with earlier in the year before they left to visit family in Washington State. They stopped here again to visit with us on their way back to Florida for the winter. Our dinner was mostly forgettable as far as the food, but we enjoyed our visit with Ed and Eileen:


We don't know when we will see them again, but they are friends that we will remain in contact with for years to come.

WEDNESDAY 9/28

We used this second day off to get some things done around the RV - Josie did some laundry while I emptied and repacked the basement in the RV:


Following our working activities, we took a walk down to the river behind our RV which we had not done since we arrived here in May. It was about 100 yards behind our site, and we have this shot of the river:


At this point, we decided to take a walk along the water. We didn't get more than about 20 feet when we spotted our friend, the big bull moose, lying in the grass and staring at us:


This is the same moose that we have seen on many occasions and lives in this area. These are a couple shots of him, taken earlier in the season:



The rest of his family was nowhere in sight. At any rate, we chose, at that time, to return immediately to our RV.

We also had a farewell dinner scheduled at the Elks Club in Jackson which was a catered meal for all the volunteers and staff at the Elk Refuge Visitor Center. It was a good time for all, as can be seen by this photo taken by Josie before sitting down to dinner:


Pictured with me are volunteers Sue and John (on the left and far right) and one of our staff and friend Charma.

THURSDAY 9/29

Our next to the last day at work for the season was interrupted by a power outage at about 1 PM. At first, we thought the Visitor Center would be closed for the day, but the power was restored just as we were in the process of closing everything.

The other significant event was the completion of repairs to my computer. I had to tell them that I had to have the repairs completed yesterday because we were leaving the area on Friday. The tech performing the repairs had to work overtime to complete everything by 6 PM when I went to pick up the computer. I must say, I am pleased - so far - with their work which cost a mere $295 for all the work, including the new hard drive and transfer of all data to the new drive. My work is cut out for me though, as almost all of my applications and programs were not transferred and I must re-install all of those. All of the data, however, was transferred. I'm sure there will be issues remaining that I hadn't thought about, but I'll take them one at a time - I'm just happy to have my computer back.

Our final work day is today.....hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment