Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sports Training Day Today

We drove over to the Wide World of Sports complex at Disney yesterday so I would know where to go today. The second of my work days, and first real training day, is at the location where I will be working the next 2 months:

It is a very nice campus-type complex and it is actually a lot closer to where we are staying than the other Disney Park locations. It took us about 15 minutes to locate the complex and park. This is the building I will be in today - in the "Clubhouse" section in the middle:


It is a very well stocked store with all kinds of team merchandise and ESPN merchandise. I will almost certainly end up with some of it, either through free uniform acquisition or buying at a 20% discount. It's my kind of store.

The class today is from 9 AM till 3 PM. We spoke to one of the managers that was there yesterday and he indicated that I will most likely be working in almost all of the areas: tickets, turnstiles, parking, greeting, merchandising and anything else that needs to be covered. I will most likely be working the weekends, but the Braves Spring Training games begin at the end of February and I will be working those in some capacity. There is almost always some event at this time of year, so I expect to be kept busy. It is in a fun area for me, so I'm looking forward to it.

It's getting close to the time for me to leave, so I'll give a summary of today's activities tomorrow morning. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment