Thursday, December 16, 2010

Long, Slow Thaw

Below is a picture I took yesterday while leaving the State Park where we are staying to go into town:


The sun was breaking through and although it was only about 25 degrees at the time, it was the start of the thawing period. It reached 33 degrees for a high which was the first day in almost a week that the high went above freezing. This morning it is raining and the temperature is a "warm" 35 degrees. We hope the worst is over.

While out shopping yesterday, I ran into a couple at Lowe's that said Amazon was asking people if they could stay over and work up to January 23rd. They worked the day (Tuesday) that we were scheduled to work but changed to rest our bodies. They indicated that there were some other benefits which we will find out about when we return tomorrow night. Anyway, I have an appointment to get the fifth wheel jacks fixed in Chattanooga, TN, starting on the 23rd so we'll have to see. I could probably reschedule that but I also have an interview scheduled at Disneyworld on January 4th that can't be moved.

We are glad we took the 3 days off. I developed a cold that is making me feel drowsey all the time with medication and Josie is recovering from her leg problem. We are just about done with Christmas shopping and plan to get everything in the mail today. Have a good day everybody...

No comments:

Post a Comment