Monday, May 24, 2010

Busy Monday Coming Up

This is the day I don't look forward to. Monday is the longest day for me because, in addition to doing my regular duties of checking the spa 3 times during the day and adding chemicals if necessary, siting new guests, checking for open sites from check-outs, performing landscaping duties when the weather cooperates, checking everything at night and locking up the clubhouse - I have to serve the morning newspaper to all of the guests that are here on a short term basis. I used to have a paper route as a kid, so you would think that this is a no-brainer. The problem here is that I don't deliver to the same site all the time like I used to deliver to the same houses- only to short timers, and not to the monthlies - and if it is nasty weather outside, I have to "bag" the paper so it doesn't get wet. This extra duty means I have to start at 7:30 instead of 8. The good news is that I quit work at 4 PM on Mondays, while Josie works from 9:30 to 6 PM. Her duties stay basically the same except she adds cleaning the restrooms to her duties which is no fun for her. There are some other small, nuisance kind of duties such as turning on/off lights and checking the TV cable channels for problems that help to make this a long day. It is only one day a week so we grin and bear it.

After 6 consecutive days of rain, the day is dry so far. The forecast is again for possible showers late today, and it looks like wet weather every day until this coming weekend. We remember that when we lived in Washington, we were far behind the rest of the country in seeing the warm, summer weather arrive. It really never got clear and warm until late June or early July so we are guessing it is the same here. Plus, being on the coast will delay our summer even longer. It is still where we want to be - on the coast - where it is beautiful and very different. That's about it for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment