Saturday, April 28, 2018

Research on Moving Companies

The emphasis yesterday was on the storage unit and researching moving companies. I went to the storage unit to pick up a key for the new lock that was placed on our unit. See, they had to replace all the mechanisms on the storage doors and they cut all the locks off of the storage units in order to accomplish that. They replaced all the old locks with new ones and I went to collect the key for our new lock. I checked earlier in the week to make sure the keys were ready and they said OK. When I arrived at the storage unit they told me the new key was sent to our mailing address. I was livid. I had visions of our key getting lost in the mail, being sent to the wrong address or some other breakdown. The timing was terrible for this kind of action. I verified the mailing address and confirmed that the key should arrive by around Wednesday of this coming week. Our move will not be scheduled until sometime before mid May so we should have plenty of time.

There are some good deals with movers on Angie's List and I was gathering info and reading reviews on several that specialize in the Sun City area. We should be fine if we schedule a mover for around May 10-12. Of course, we still can't commit to definite dates until we get a firm closing date.

We also have the issue of transferring items from our fifth wheel to the house and/or a new RV. Once we close on the house, we will go full steam ahead with resolving the RV issue...

No comments:

Post a Comment