Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Unexpected Detours

Yesterday was a day of surprises and of unexpected problems. First of all, I should mention that I dropped my phone in a parking lot on Monday which cracked the screen on the face of the phone. I wanted to get that repaired yesterday. I went to Verizon to accomplish that task and they sent me to a repair company - UbreakIfix .

While driving there, I received a phone call from our real estate agent informing me that there was a problem with the HOA report on our Glendale home that is scheduled to close on Monday. The HOA reported that there was an outstanding violation and our closing was not going to happen until it was removed. I spent the next hour in the parking lot at the repair shop, talking to all the parties involved - HOA, the Title Co and the real estate agent - trying to get it resolved. It seems that the HOA wanted to make sure that the buyer knew that he would be required to paint the home within the next 12 months. Sheesh. My real estate agent said to get my phone repaired and then call him back later while he worked the problem.

I went into the repair shop only to discover that they no longer repaired Samsung phones - as of 1 week ago. When I got back into my car, the phone died - completely. Obviously, I needed to have the use of my phone in order to handle the problem with the house. It was back to Verizon where the only fix I could get immediately was to purchase a new phone. Our phones were only three months from being at end of contract, so it didn't cost an arm and a leg to upgrade it to the next model (Samsung S8) which I did. In about two hours, I had a new phone and was able to connect with our agent who reported that the problem was resolved by getting a signed letter from the buyer stating that they knew that they would have to paint the home within the next 12 months.

It was not the way I planned to spend the day.

Patty and her family hung out following a visit to ASU for a tour with the boys. It was worth their time and they ended up enjoying the day.

Today's schedule involves time at Lake Pleasant where the plan is to go out in Brian's boat. Josie works and I will have to finish the conversion to my new phone before joining the group. It will certainly be a better day...

No comments:

Post a Comment