Thursday, August 11, 2016

Wasted Day

These last two days that we have been off were pretty much wasted days. Although I did get my dental work done in Idaho Falls, yesterday we spent the entire day waiting to hear something about our truck that is at the dealership in Idaho Falls. This entire experience with them has been another lesson in poor customer service.

I had to contact the dealership three times during the day in order to get updates. They called me once - to let me know they didn't know any more about what was wrong with our truck or when they expected to have a time when it might be ready to pick up. It turns out that they don't even know what part to order yet, and that will take several days to arrive before they can perform the fix. In the meantime, we called Enterprise Car Rental in Idaho Falls to extend our car rental to one week. I also contacted the Mechanical Protection Plan folks that I contracted with when I purchased the truck to get approval for the car rental and the work being done on the truck.

Josie and I sat around the whole day, reading and waiting for the phone to ring. Josie did get our laundry done, so that was some meaningful activity. These are shots of our site while we had the awnings extended and were relaxing outside. The first shot has our car rental sitting alongside of our RV:


and these, showing our site at other angles:



Fortunately, it was a beautiful day with highs in the low 80's.

Back to work today at 11 AM, and we will work until 7:30 PM. I will be anxious to get the survey email from this car dealership to review our experience with them...

No comments:

Post a Comment