Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Dental Issues

I received a call from my dental office in Jackson yesterday morning. They indicated that they may not be able to repair my bridge without sending it to the lab in Idaho Falls which could take at least a week with a good turnaround time. That wouldn't work, as I need to be able to eat. They suggested I call the lab directly in Idaho Falls and make an appointment to have it repaired by them directly. Good idea. I called the lab at Park West Dental, and the Technician said "get here as soon as you can as I can take you if it is before 3 PM". Josie and I hustled to get ready and we arrived at the lab in Idaho Falls at 2 PM. My bridge was repaired in about a half hour and I made another appointment for next week on my day off to be fitted with a new bridge. The one he repaired was so old that he was afraid it would not last very long. So, next week I get to graduate to a new one.

We took advantage of our time in Idaho Falls to visit the Walmart and stock up on some food and other items. We also stopped for ice cream at our favorite location in Swan Valley on the way home. Josie wanted to try a different ice cream location recommended to us in Victor which is just over the pass from Jackson. She got a huckleberry milkshake that was not as good as advertised.

We traveled home through the Ranches area of Jackson, and took this photo of one of the several Ranches in the Valley just before arriving home:


It's still a bit hazy from all the wildfire activity, but it shows how pretty it is in the valley.

Our final day off this week will be spent doing some chores around the RV and ending up with another dinner with our friends that we worked with at our first location and who are leaving the area to visit family in Washington State on Sunday. We will eat at the Pizza Artisan in Jackson this time...

No comments:

Post a Comment