Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Quick Sale on Hitch

When I sold the last F450 a few years ago, I let it go with the fifth wheel hitch still installed in the truck bed. This time, I had the hitch removed from the truck and brought it home with the new Escape:


I placed an ad on Craigslist yesterday morning to try and sell the hitch. I had it sold with cash in hand by 7 PM last night. There is a huge market for those, and the individual that purchased it came all the way from Buckeye which is a good 35 miles from here. That added another $425 from the truck that I otherwise would have given to the next owner of the truck. They retail for about $550 new. and ours was not that old (2 years) which made for a great deal all around.

I discovered a minor flaw in our new Escape yesterday. There is a small separation of the head-liner over the driver side window. I will take the new vehicle to the nearest Ford dealer (as suggested by our dealer) this morning and have it checked to see what can be done. It should not be a major problem.

We are closing in on Halloween which means that Thanksgiving and Christmas are not far behind. The rest of the year will go super fast with all that we have to do...


No comments:

Post a Comment