Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Replacement Cards Arriving

The biggest news from yesterday was the bonanza in the mail of my missing cards from the rafting accident. We have our mail forwarding scheduled to mail all of our accumulated mail, which isn't much, once a week - on Friday - so that it always arrives on Monday. I received my new ATM/Debit cards from B of A and our new bank, US Bank. Also, We received new checks from our new bank and we only have to wait on one credit card replacement and a couple minor replacement cards. Everything else has to be replaced in person, like my Golden Age Passport and Yellowstone Association card. We will replace those on our next trip to Yellowstone. It's nice to be be able to use our ATM cards again. I'm not sure if I mentioned it before, but after I lost my ATM card, we discovered that Josie's had expired and she never received a new one, so both of our cards from B of A had to be replaced.

It has started out to be a rare overcast day today. We're not sure if any rain is in the forecast but it looks like we might get a shower sometime this morning. There are some local errands that we have to do this morning, plus I need to finish up on the sink repair from yesterday, so it's OK if it rains. I have the sink glued back up under the counter with a strong epoxy that was recommended by the "expert" at the local Ace Hardware store. I only have to seal it with the Silicon caulk that I also purchased. There is a lot more of this adhesive on the sink than there was before it dropped, so we're hoping that it is a permanent fix.

Two more days of work and then it's play time again. We were asked yesterday by my Supervisor if we planned to return again next summer. She said that we could have our choice of shift right now, so we are assuming that some of the people will not be asked back for next year. We haven't decided yet if we will return. It depends on how we feel as we approach the end of our commitment. We love the area, but again, we would like to experience other areas of our country. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment