Sunday, July 30, 2017

Great News From the Fair

I was nervous all day yesterday at work as I could hardly wait to finish the work day so we could go to the Exhibit Hall at the County Fair. Yesterday was the opening of the exhibits to the public and all of the ribbons and awards have been made. Following work at 4:15, Josie and I drove directly to the Fair and walked into the Hall and to the section where the cross stitch and other needle handiwork was displayed. I was delighted to see the ribbon on my piece that was the top prize - Best in Show:


That is six years in a row now that my Native American cross stitch entries have won the Division, and the fourth year that they have walked away with the top prize of  "Best of Show". I can rest easy again for another year.

Our final work day of the week is today - yeah! - and it is also Josie's birthday. We will do something special although we haven't yet decided. Once the work day ends today, we begin our three day weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment