Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Scare

For the last several months, I have been experiencing what has felt like a pulled muscle on my right side. The problem was that it wasn't getting better at all. In fact, if anything, it was paining even more and there was a lump forming. I decided to have it checked yesterday so Josie and I went to the emergency room at the St John's Hospital here in Jackson.

The doctor asked lots of questions and felt around the swollen area and stated that I had a Lipoma. What a relief. It is a harmless, hereditary growth that can be removed if bothersome. I have scheduled another appointment today with the recommended surgeon to have another opinion and to discuss removal of the growth. Right now it isn't very large but can grow substantially, so I will have it removed in a simple operation with just local anesthetic.

I also removed our bikes from the rear of our RV yesterday to clean them and get them ready for use. Below is a shot of our site yesterday with the bikes sitting under the front of our RV:


So now, we have bike riding as an added option for us on our days off.

As mentioned, I have another doctor appointment today - at 2:30 - so our second day off is planned for us. It is just a blessing that the two days off have resulted in positive news about a worrisome health issue...

No comments:

Post a Comment