Monday, May 16, 2016

Hunting Memories

The drive to look at more properties yesterday took us through Rice, WA here I hunted many years ago. My hunting buddies - Ron Butterfield, his son, John and my friend Scott Harrison - and I hunted deer for three seasons at my friend's property in that area. We stayed in the barn on the property of Burt Nokes who owned 300 acres of fantastic deer country. Yesterday, we stopped at the property and I walked up to the door to find out whatever happened to Burt. It turns out that Burt's grandson - Brian Nokes - and his family now live on the property. He told me that Burt just passed away last August at the age of 91. I talked with him for awhile and then took these shots of the property. Starting with the barn where we stayed during our hunts:




We would stand outside the barn in the evenings and watch the deer romp around the open field that was just across the street from the barn:


This last shot is of Burt's house . You can see the barn at the far left with the red roof:


What a nostalgic moment yesterday.

We saw some more terrific properties and along the way we stopped to get this shot of the Columbia River/Lake Roosevelt:


The river is slowly rising for the summer season as the downriver dam releases water. Eventually, the water line will rise to near the tree line.

Today is the day when Kristine has her cancer surgery. We will drive her to the hospital in Spokane and stay with her for the day to make sure all goes well and she has the support she needs to get through this event...

No comments:

Post a Comment